Home > Past Meetings > Briefing Materials for the 2011 PSMFC Annual Meeting > Vessel Monitoring System Reimbursement Program (VMS)
Vessel Monitoring System Reimbursement Program (VMS)
The Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) Reimbursement Program was established to offset the cost of purchasing a VMS unit for the purpose of complying with fishery regulations pursuant to the Magnuson – Stevens Act. The reimbursement program was announced by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fisheries Service in July 2006, and has expanded nationally since its inception. The Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission in collaboration with the NOAA's Office of Law Enforcement (OLE) distributes the allocated reimbursement funds to eligible, confirmed vessel owners and operators.
To Request Reimbursement for VMS:
1. Purchase, install, and activate a NOAA OLE Type-Approved VMS unit.
2. Contact the NOAA OLE VMS Helpdesk at 1.888.219.9228 to initiate the confirmation process and obtain a four-digit confirmation number for reimbursement.
3. Complete and sign the VMS Reimbursement Request Form. Download the form here:
4. Mail, fax or email the reimbursement request form, a copy of the paid itemized sales invoice, a copy of the Federal Fisheries Permit, a copy of the vessel’s Certificate of Documentation and/or State Registration to:
Mail: Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
205 SE Spokane Street, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97202
Questions regarding the VMS Reimbursement Request Form, VMS Reimbursement Program process, and reimbursement status can be directed to the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission by calling 503.595.3100.
Questions regarding regulations, compliance, reimbursement eligibility, type-approvals, and confirmation associated with the Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) Program can be directed to the NOAA OLE VMS Support Center at 1.888.219.9228.
- Past Meetings
- Briefing Materials for the 2011 PSMFC Annual Meeting