PACIFIC COAST STEELHEAD MANAGEMENT MEETING(2004)
From March 9-11, 2004, the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, with partial support from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – Sport Fish Restoration Program, sponsored the ninth in a series of workshops on steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss) management. The meeting, held in Port Townsend, Washington, was attended by approximately 60 Pacific Coast fisheries managers, researchers and other interested parties from the states of Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and the province of British Columbia. Topics for this workshop included:
• an update on the status of steelhead in each management jurisdiction;
• updates on continuing steelhead life history research;
• steelhead escapement considerations and research;
• integrated vs. segregated steelhead management in Washington; and,
• contributed reports on current steelhead research projects.